One of the most frequent questions I get asked is which applications should be moved the cloud?
The following applications are usually not a good candidate for cloud deployment:
- An application that is exchanging a large amount of data with the cloud is often not a good cloud candidate. Latency and cost of high bandwidth can be an issue.
- Government regulations (HIPAA) might require that sensitive data be kept in-house.
- Any data which breach might cause major liability issues and damage to brand name.
- Printers do not have sufficient memory to support all documents being printed. For caching purposes, keeping print server physically close to printers might be a wise choice.
- Not all applications are supported by vendor for cloud placement. They are a minority, but enough to double check before any move.